Monday, December 8, 2008

Letter to a saint

It is hard to believe that you were taken from us 3 years ago. We all miss you so very much. I think that you would like the changes that your death has brought about. People are not as scared because of you. More people now know about the evils that were happening in South America. You gave people hope. It was by far your greatest and unfortunately your last one to us. I know your in a better place. That your looking down on us and smiling the way only you can. I hope we are making you proud by our own actions. None of us will ever be you, but we can try to show the world a better way. Your way. December 10th you are getting an award. I know you do not care for such things but it means a lot to the rest of us. We all strive to have your name live on, your message live on and your hope for human rights live on. I try to talk about you everyday. I know that your story will touch people as it has touch us. I love you, Aunt Dorothy.
http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/UNHRPrize2008.aspx

No comments: